Certified LeSS Practitioner (CLP) Workshop
Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams. With its principles, rules, guides, and experiments it aims to simplify the organizational complexity and offers guidance on how to descale your organization to accomplish more with less.
LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, transparency, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It’s simple structural rules guides on how to adopt Scrum in large-scale product development.
The Certified LeSS Practitioner (CLP) course is an in-depth course covering the LeSS principles, framework and rules, and guides. It provides essential information for adopting and improving LeSS to your product development group. The course contains LeSS Framework and LeSS Huge Framework, case-studies, LeSS adoption stories, group exercises and extensive LeSS Q&A to ensure we discuss the topics most of interest to the participants.
The Certified LeSS Practitioner course is for anyone who is involved in a LeSS effort. Basic Scrum knowledge is expected and can be achieved by attending a Certified ScrumMaster or a Professional ScrumMaster course, or thoroughly reading Scrum introduction material such as the Scrum Primer and practicing Scrum.
Certified LeSS Practitioner Course (CLP) Agenda
- Scrum, LeSS and LeSS Huge Overview
- LeSS Principles
- Organizing around Customer Value and Feature Teams
- What is your Product? 3 scenarios.
- Definition of Done, UnDone and its impacts.
- Feature Teams and Feature Team Adoption Map
- Product Owner and Product Backlog
- LeSS Product Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Review and Retrospective
- ScrumMaster role within LeSS
- Organizational impacts and typical LeSS organizational structure
- Role of Management
- Consideration on technical practices when scaling.
- Integration & Coordination
- Adopting LeSS in your organization
- Case Study
The Certified LeSS Practitoner (CLP) course is for anyone who is involved in a LeSS effort.
- Head of Department
- Vice President
- Director of Products, Director of Technical Delivery, Director
- Delivery Manager
- Program Manager
- Product Manager
- Development Team Members
- Scrum Master, Agile Coach, Agile Evangelist
- Be able to explain LeSS Framework, principles and why LeSS?
- Be able to explain differences between and need for LeSS & LeSS Huge frameworks
- Define a customer centric Product and Organizational structure
- Be able to distinguish between Component Teams and Feature Teams.
- Establish Feature Team Adoption roadmap
- Ability to see & remove local optimizations and substitute them with more effective system optimizations
- Ability to coach Teams, Organization and Stakeholders towards System Optimization goal.
- Establish and explain LeSS organizational design & change implications for an organization
- Explain and coach everyone on how to adopt LeSS
- Certified LeSS Practitioner (CLP) Certification issued by LeSS Company (less.works)
- Each Participant gets an account on Less.works to continue their learning journey
- Here they can find additional information about LeSS, share course information and stay in contact with the other course participants.
- Participant Workbook
- All participants get access to the new book: Large-Scale Scrum: More with LeSS
- Attendees will also get 24 SEUs / PDUs
- 2 Post-workshop group Q&A calls (60 minute each) for participants with Kamlesh Ravlani (Candidate LeSS Trainer)
- LeSS Quiz – Optional
Certified LeSS Practitioner (CLP) is facilitated by a Certified LeSS Trainer (CLT).
Agile For Growth is working with various CLTs to bring multiple LeSS learning opportunities in India in 2019.
Preparing for the Course
Would you like to receive some free reading material? Where should we send it to you? Let us know here
Understand the LeSS Principles: