Agile Team Boot camp
Agile Team Boot camp is an experiential workshop designed by Kamlesh Ravlani based on his decade + work helping teams be Agile. This workshop is designed to explore a wide array of practices and techniques that teams can benefit from in the complex environment for product development, product management, and service environment. Through a dozen plus simulations and group activities, we cover Agile values, principles, Scrum rules, practices, techniques and practical tools when implemented help groups transform into high-performing Agile teams.
The contents of this workshop cover 90-95% of the learning objectives defined for the Scrum Alliance’s Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification and include additional topics to help address the real world implementation challenges faced by most teams transitioning to Agile Software Development.
Agile Team Boot camp
Agile principles and values: Agile values and 12 principles which form the overarching idea of becoming Agile. Group exercise.
Scrum foundation: Empirical Process and PDCA cycle.
Scrum framework: The roles, artifacts, and events of the framework.
Building High-performing Agile Team: Simulation and Group exercises on creating empowered and high-performing Agile teams.
Product Backlog Management: Creating and refining a product backlog.
Experimentation, Hypothesis and User stories: Approaches to writing hypothesis, user stories, characteristics of good hypothesis, slicing and Acceptance criteria.
Agile Planning and Estimation: Agile, iterative planning at different levels. Daily planning, sprint planning, roadmap, and vision. Relative estimation, estimation techniques and why you should eventually stop estimating.
Release planning: Release planning & managing risk. Recipe to say Yes to on time product releases, every time
Characteristics of Successful Scrum Implementation
Approaches to starting a new Agile Initiative from scratch
Optional: Scrum at Scale: Overview of large scale product dev. scrum frameworks
- Empirical Process – Simulation
- Agile Manifesto – Group activity
- Scrum Values – Group Excercise
- Scrum Framework – Group Excercise
- Scrum Roles – Simulations and Group activity
- Team self-organization – Simulation
- Value focused High-performing Agile Teams – Simulation
- Product Backlog – Simulation
- User Stories, Hypothesis – User Story Writing Workshop
- Scrum Events – Group activity
- Scrum Simulation – Simulation
- Estimation and Release Planning – Simulation
- Facilitation Techniques (Recap)
- Optional: Scrum at Scale
- Optional: Deep dive Case Study
Quality Assurance Analyst
User Experience UX Specialist
Marketing and Business Development
Human Resources (HR)
Talent Engagement, Talent Development
Preparing for the Course
Would you like to receive some free reading material?
Where should we send it to you ? Let us know here
* What is covered in the Agile Leadership Workshop?
Please refer the agenda above.
* Would you customize the Agile Leadership Workshop according to our learning needs?
Have an outcome in mind? Let's discuss at least a week (preferably two) in advance so we can identify, how - if, we can accommodate your leader's learning needs in the workshop.
* What are the pre-requisites for this Agile Leadership workshop?
We recognize that having basic knowledge of the Agile Values and Principles, and Leader's Role in helping organizations be Agile, helps the participants make the best use of the learning time during this workshop.
Upon confirming your registration with Agile For Growth, we email you the pre-workshop reading content. This includes useful reading material, short articles, and videos. We highly encourage you to get familiar with the topic before the workshop.
* Do I need to prepare anything before attending the Agile Leadership Workshop?
- Review the pre-training content that we email you.
- Plan your workshop days to be distraction free as much as possible. Yes, we know it's difficult for leaders. However, can we sharpen the axe and cut trees at the same time?
- Think through the practical challenges you would like to address after the workshop. Write and bring them to the workshop.
- During the workshop, first, focus on learning the ideas and techniques then the application will follow. Some ideas may be pretty radical for your organization to implement in it's current state. Don't worry. Learn about the idea first and then let's discuss how you can benefit from it.
- Have enough sleep.
* Is there any exam after this workshop?
Chill. There is no exam.
However, we do care and highly encourage that you identify your own action items and apply in practice what you've learned during the workshop.
* What is the cost of Agile Leadership Workshop in India?
This Agile Leadership Workshop can be hosted as a private corporate batch for the leaders of your organization. Please feel free to send us your inquiry and we'll get in touch with our best quote.